Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mindless, money & matter

OSAP decreased my funding drastically this year. Plus, I lost my scholarship. I find it terribly funny how my planet becomes inside-out, because of money. I've been comfortable last year, living out of student loan, and now I'm not so comfy. I became too dependent on the loan. But it's okay. I'll pull through with the minimal in my account. Besides, I know people well below the poverty line, still making-it. I have a roof, a refrigerator filled with groceries and my cellphone still works. I'll also be working part time generating income, so I'll be okay.

A little change and hard work goes a long way. I'll take this as a little assistance and motivation I needed to save up and reduce my debt in the future. Time to get creative & busy.

I love the registrar office at 300 Tory Building, which brings me to my second predicament. Tory looks like a bank. Like the one in Harry Potter. A rather sophisticated one with marble counters, and fellow 'registrar-ians' (like librarians?) assisting with course loads and academic conflicts. I headed there to ask if I could fulfill my culture and communication breadth with PHIL 2504, since it is cross-listed as COMM 2504. Gracefully, with much delight, Lady Registrar took out the six inches thick holy registrar bible. After much insight and wisdom, she concluded that it would not be possible for me to fulfill two breadths with one course. Course overload is my next best option and I will be doing six classes instead of five next semester. Good thing Lady Registrar was nice and rather motivating. I already had a bad day with OSAP's financial revelation....I was ready to cause a tsunami, had Lady Registrar been otherwise .

This is going to be one crazy year.
And I'm going to take it one day at a time, and be grateful.
Because my faith to Him is being tested. There is a reason why He gave me some things, and took them away after. He wants me to work hard again, and appreciate the things I have taken for granted. To bring myself down with humility, before I forget myself. He does all that while reminding me that I am surrounded by amazing people. That I have my family ready to do whatever it takes to make me happy. And I have friends contagiously making me smile and laugh after cramming two lectures, three hours each. Especially today, being the longest and busiest day of my life. And that I have an amazing boyfriend, who is a true best friend. I feel calm and comforted just by just talking to him.

:) One day at a time.
I am surrounded by love.
I will be happy. I will be safe. I will learn and be patient from this obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment