Out in the open rugby field behind the Alumni Hall, I witnessed first hand as first year students greeted their potential peers. Despite the drizzly, and chilly weather, I was bubbling with excitement as I watched two strangers, striking up a conversation and potentially becoming friends. I was standing beside a lecturer briefly sharing my first year experiences with him. It was extraodinary and mind-provoking; that I have been given the opportunity to replay 'first-year experiences' once again, it's like I own a time machine! Only this time, I get to be audience, instead.
I headed straight from campus to quickly pick up my luggage, and off to the terminal to bus my way back home for Eid. Originally hoping to catch the 1pm bus, I missed it but ten minutes, and was forced to wait an hour and a half for the next bus to Toronto. Needless to say, I did enjoy spending a bit of time watching the people around me. A chestnut haired girl in a pink sweater stood in line with her boyfriend. They both wore the expression of sadness, and I remember the two embracing each other until moments before the girl stepped to the door to board the bus. She's probably leaving him for university. I watched the boy pulling out his phone after, probably to text her (I smiled to myself, probably because this has happened to me). Oh...I can relate.
I admit, I am a bit of a creep watching people as a hobby.
With this, I conclude...
I headed straight from campus to quickly pick up my luggage, and off to the terminal to bus my way back home for Eid. Originally hoping to catch the 1pm bus, I missed it but ten minutes, and was forced to wait an hour and a half for the next bus to Toronto. Needless to say, I did enjoy spending a bit of time watching the people around me. A chestnut haired girl in a pink sweater stood in line with her boyfriend. They both wore the expression of sadness, and I remember the two embracing each other until moments before the girl stepped to the door to board the bus. She's probably leaving him for university. I watched the boy pulling out his phone after, probably to text her (I smiled to myself, probably because this has happened to me). Oh...I can relate.
I admit, I am a bit of a creep watching people as a hobby.
With this, I conclude...
beauty is the bond of two strangers created. And beauty is the realization that the very same bond still exists despite physical separation
...I am such a pathetic corn-dog
No comments:
Post a Comment