Monday, September 13, 2010

First day of second year

I strolled my way out the door of my house in a new pair of checkered black-and-grey flats, black sleeved blouse and my colourful blue, black and orange scarf, with a green rubber coffee-mug at hand. Locked the door of my house while sipping my pomegranate, berry medley lipton tea, and turned right to walk across the green campus field. I had just enough time along the way to be sentimental about my last breath of summer, and update my facebook status while reflecting upon what a great time I had.

Now I'm sitting alone at Uni Centre, with a book by John Demos entitled "The Enemy Within" about witch hunting in the Western world, lying beside Tomato, my laptop. I had four hours to spare after my Criminal Law lecture, to inquire CUTV about my Legal Method & Theory Class, and then boarded the OC Transpo train to South Keys. I left my pencil case in Mississauga, and figured I'd pick up a couple of pens and highlighters at Staples in South Keys on my break. While waiting for the light rain to pass, I browsed through the shelves of Chapters, surprised to find books being sold for less than 10 bucks. I picked up two books, and ended up spending twelve bucks in total after taxes. I could use some leisurely reading time this year.

All that, and I have another hour and twenty minutes left before my next lecture. Philosophy will be next.

It's going to be a long, long, day....

No comments:

Post a Comment