Sunday, September 26, 2010

Clogged Artery: Fried Mars Bar & Suicide Burger

When I get mad, I type with many grammatical errors. Last night's post made me laugh a little. I just enough anger in me to blog about it, haha. I don't get mad often, it takes a lot to push me to the limit. Half the time, I'd get more sad and upset than be red-fire-angry. Well, I didn't end up waiting for the plumber. I left because I had somewhere to be at and the plumber was well more than an hour late. I wasn't keen on wasting much of my weekend, after such a hectic week. I left a text message to my housemates (as politely as I could, and I texted instead of callling, because had I called them, I'd start yelling and screaming) informed the 'punctuality' of the plumber and my need for some fresh air.

After picking up my textbook, I figured  my day would turn around after all. A little time to myself, and sometime after to be with my friends. Sarah and Pearl returned from grocery shopping, and Pearl lugged around a melon all the way home. The most funniest thing occurred when the melon rolled off Pearl's hands on the bus, and it started rolling away from her. We had desserts at Oh So Good because I've been told many times that the place served the best cakes. Switching up and starting dessert before dinner is always fun. In between their lemon-blueberry cheesecake, I had a sudden flashback of seven years ago, when I first met Pearl and Sarah. We were in middle school. Pearl has always seemed very artsy to me.I remember being in a class once with Pearl, in grade seven, and the teacher displayed one of her art work to the class. I envy her talent at drawing. She can do so much with a paper and the right kind of pencils. My artwork is limited to stick people. My first impression of Sarah was that she hated me, we joked about it ever so frequently because she thought I hated her. We had mutual friends, and I remember us all playing soccer over our lunch recess, and we finally striking up a conversation with each other. Well, she didn't hate me after all. We've had summers starting clubs, and selling lemonades. Raising money from garage sales for the Sick Kid's Hospital. Oh fun times. Memories always make me feel youthful for three seconds.

Sarah and Pearl followed me all the way to Melissa's birthday dinner after. It was a Saturday night and originally deciding on Hard Rock Cafe, we entered the olace to find it was full. So off we went to Zaks, because everyone loves the friendly 1960s diner environment and it was the only place empty enough to fit the 9 of us. Last I went there was the first time, with Omar, and the place suddenly made me miss him more. So the human rights crew and my high school buddies had dinner, I had a veggie suicide burger. It had different kinds of peppers sandwiched in between the patty and the bun. I was dared by the human rights crew to add more hot sauce and douced my fries and patty voluntarily. They were impressed at my ability to  handle spice. We had good dinner conversations and I  was glad to be surrounded by them. After dinner, Melissa picked up the dessert menu and everyone was grossed out at the fried mars bar. I was dared to order that dessert and finish it all, and they betted I couldn't finish it alone. I took the challenge and what came ten mins after was a filo-wrapped mars bar with three scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce. I was about to clog my arteries. And bite after bite of the the greasy mars bar, and spoons after spoons of the vanilla ice cream, I finished the whole boat of dessert (recorded on blackberry) within eleven minutes.  =)

We took photos with the birthday girl outside. It started to rain and Melissa decided to give me a ride home instead of waiting for the bus in the cold. We walked all the way to her car, drenched and soaking wet after, another memorable part of the night because Mel parked her car further than we expected. On the way back, we sang to her tunes of what she called 'Old Skool Music', from Westlife to Backstreet Boys. Got home to find my darling online and in time to wish him happy anniversary. I passed out while online with him...hehe. All in all, I had the most amazing evening ever. Quite a turnaround from a shitty morning (literally, so to speak).

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile (:

    (BTW, I think I know why "Kingston, Ontario" is stalking your blog. Will try to fix it somehow because it's creepy to look like you're creeping someone :/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha =D Oh sarah...you never fail to make me laugh <3

    ReplyDelete