So I stuffed my dirty clothes into this huge blue Ikea bag, along with a plastic bottle half-filled with detergent and the box of fabric softeners. The second sign that my day was about to go bad was when my umbrella disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to walk out in my hoody instead, which was a bad idea.
So I waited at the bus stop for what seemed like forty-five minutes. Calling OC Transpo twice and the automated voice at the other line reassuring me "Route 4, Rideau, next trip in five minutes". Well the robot lady on the phone lied, it wasn't five mins. So I gave up and started walking. Just as I walked 10 metres out the bus shelter and headed towards Bronson and Carling, oh what were the odds that I missed the bus I waited forty-five minutes for.
In the rain, I walked. It wasn't so bad, a few splashes of filthy water caused by passing cars sobered me up a little, I guess. From a nuclear explosion that was about to happen inside of me. So I arrived at the coin wash, stuffed my clothes into the washer and took a dollar out of my pocket. And just as I hit the start button, something went terribly wrong. The stupid monster of a washing machine ate my only dollar. I was ready to kick that stupid machine to the graveyard, when I spotted the camera above and decided to behave like a woman, less like a criminal and quit having such violent thoughts.
So back out I went in the rain to the gas station a block away and asked this cashier if I could break my $5 into a loonie and two toonies. But mean ugly old man told me, "you have to buy something, but here's two toonies and four quarters." I kept persisting and he kept telling me he needs his "one loonie, it's all that's left". I'm a student, and I'm trying to make ends meet with my tight financial budget...can I REALLY spend more money? Seriously, a washing machine just ate my dollar, so do I really want another dollar to disappear and spend on something unnecessary?
So alright, I walked out of the gas station and exploded, and burst into a terrible fit on the phone with Omar. I started to rain cats and dogs, worst than the thunderstorm outside on my way back into the coinwash. All that fuss to do my laundry. So in my flip-flops (oh yes, I misplaced/haven't unpacked my running shoes), I picked up my stuff and took the next 4 Hurdman bus back to my house....
I got home, soaking wet. With a headache, and now I'm sneezy. Maybe I'll do laundry tomorrow. Or I'll just wash my clothes in my bathtub.
No comments:
Post a Comment