Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eighteen.

I was walking home from campus, and for the last time before I officially turn 19, I witnessed the skies turned orange. Like every sunsets I witnessed, my stomache would sink at every second the sun descended.

Eighteen.
The year of many sunsets. I mean that both literally and figuritively.
I have had many memories, beautiful symbolic ones.
It has been a sweet year, of many accomplishments, endings and new beginnings.
It was the year of anxiety. The year I anticipated the path that laid unclear, in front of me.
It was the year of loss friendships.
It was the year I finished high school and started university. The year I made new friends.
The year I embraced the rite of passage, of graduating. It was the year of victory.
It was the year of the greatest romance I've ever had. A year of new commitments I promise I'd fulfill.

It has been a year of transitions.
A roller coaster of emotions.
And the year of maturity.

Goodbye Eighteen. You were my favourite year.
I couldn't have asked for more that what experiences I've had.

I don't know what lies ahead for me.
But I do know, it has been a wonderful year.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! You met me when you were eighteen :) That's significant.

    But you shall know me, and we shall be friends, for the rest of our lives.

    Love,
    The Girl Who Adores You So.

    ReplyDelete