Monday, March 22, 2010

Another leaf, rooting me to reality.

I am impressed at life's wonderful occasions.
Between catastrophe and victory. Surrounded by people and faces, I realize that I constantly overlook who lies right in front of me. Goodbye is the word that grounds us to reality. The truth and certainty that people come and go, puzzles me. I have met the most extraordinary human beings. Some, within just a month of acknowledging their existence, I find myself somewhat attached to them.

This is beauty. There is a reason.

Like the season, our life changes upon meeting these people.

I want time to slow down. But secretly I understand there's a reason why these people have to go. There is something that lies ahead for them to do, more wonderful experiences for them. They leave behind their memories and friendship with me. While they continue to pursue their ambitions in life, as I do with mine, but there is no denying that we once met.

Years from now, I may be sipping my cup of French vanilla one Monday morning, perhaps driving my way to work. An announcement about a ballet performance on a radio might conjure the thought of you. I may recall our conversation about the Swan Lake performance you saw. And the memory of us, skating at Dow's Lake will make me miss you.

But for now, as I lie in bed with a tissue up my leaky nose, I promise to remember you. I pray for your happiness, and hope you never lose your sense of wonder.

Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment