My bestfriend Sarah visited me from Kingston. Her presence feels wonderful. I feel at home. Dinner with 3 others from my high school made me feel at ease.
I have missed Sarah greatly. I missed that we had two consecutive classes together. We were always partners for group assignments. We discussed anything global or political over lunch because politically, we're on the same spectrum. I missed that we'd talk to ourselves before tests together, and so it'd seem like we were explaining to each other our study notes. She was always sleepy in class, and I remember making fun of her biological clock. I remember us both missing classes, the day two students from our grade passed away. The random philosophical rants. The aimless visits at our Middle school for volunteer hours, making fun of the papers we were told to mark for a teacher. I remember her voluntarily agreeing to be a part of the malay dance....after much persuasion from me. I remember we stayed up all night the week before I left for Ottawa, just to see a crappy sunrise. And I'll remember the day I left. She stood early in the morning at my doorstep to wish me goodbye.
As I type, she lies asleep on the foldable mattress beside me.
I have known Sarah for 7 years.
I have known Sarah for 7 years.
Tonight, I realize she is still the same wonderful Sarah to me. Our friendship is challenged by time and distance. But I know for certain, what we have remains stable despite the little compromises we'd have to make. It is one of those friendship where mutuality is reassured against all odds.
When we first met, we both thought we hated each other.
But as I lay here. I realize how much I truly love her.
I will miss her when she leaves tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment