Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Two Worlds

I know I've said good night to the world.
But the earth seems bigger than it was a few hours ago. I wish for simple days. Perhaps I could use a time machine, to some place in memory lane. Or a teleport for everyone to meet again. To be reunited. Not just to hear another voice at the end of the telephone line reassuring me, that my thoughts are with them. Only to realize, the voice is a million miles away. Not just another photo to look at, but to physically witness memories and experience sweet laughter again.

To feel loved again.
I am homesick. I miss my grandparents, my aunts, uncles and cousins. A phone call does little to ease what I feel.

I pray for your full recovery and health Atok Ramli, InsyaAllah. I miss you terribly. I keep thinking about my childhood with you as the best grandfather ever...I think about you more than ever tonight. I remember you taking me to playgrounds, bribing me with treats and driving me in your dark blue van.

I know mama misses you so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment