Tuesday, August 31, 2010

=) I'm so special.

What a day!
I woke up this morning at nine from a call. It was a for a job interview. I probably sounded half asleep on the phone. So I lugged myself off my bed, got ready and dragged myself to campus because my printer broke down and I needed a copy of my resume printed. I was dressed all spiffy in my slacks and dress shirt. I even had heels on. It was hot enough that I though I'd dehydrate and evaporate on the way.

Passing the parking lot of Uni Centre, I bumped into a couple of first year Malaysian students, including a family friend I haven't seen in ages. She is truly someone with a big heart considering her genuineness in assisting the international students settle in Ottawa. In fact, she was the one who helped me settle and find a place in Ottawa last year. We caught up a bit then I made my way to Porter Hall on campus to pick up my bus pass. Headed to the library after, and to the Print Shop to ask they guy at the counter if he could print out my resume from my email account since I lost by USB. He smiled and said "surething!" then gave me his email address. He told me to walk up to the main level, to the computers, and send it to him. I did just that and headed back down and just as I was about to pull out my five dollar bill, the guy smiled and said, "It's okay, it's on me." That totally made my day because it made me realize and gave me hope that there are wonderful human beings on this planet!

So I headed back out and sat at the atrium for a bit since I had a lot of time until my interview. In between staring at people and pretending to read (my resume was what I read), I realized I haven't booked a conference room for my CSAS meeting this Thursday. So I headed back into the library.

Still two hours to go until my interview, I decided to walk back home in the summer sweaty heat and take a short rest.

I headed back out, walked the street of Holmwood and passed by pretty houses to get to Bank Street. I missed the bus but still made just in time for the interview. I got a little excited when I saw the shower curtains and was browsing around before I was approached by the manager. So the interview went smoothly and I was hired! =)

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE PLAYING WITH CURTAINS!

So anyway, I got home, cooked supper and loafted a little. Oh, shoot me...I just changed my shower curtains in the bathroom that costed only 10 bucks. My bathroom looks brighter and prettier now, in green.

Now I'm just sitting and waiting for my super special guest to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of heels did you wear to your interview? They can really boost your confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello Kate. The kind that looks tiny thin, and two inches. But hurts your foot if you walk two miles with it. =)

    ReplyDelete