Sunday, August 1, 2010

Khaki dress and silver flats

City lights, on a Friday night.
I love the dark summer breeze blowing away,
Ambling the downtown streets in my straight-cut khaki dress.
And my only pair of silver flats.
I felt youthful yet sophisticated while linking arms with and strolling away among my girlfriends.

Sometimes it amazes me how places landmark feelings.
Passing by Gardiner Expressway, on the way to Harbourfront and I couldn't help remembering two summers ago visiting Toronto Island with a family friend. I felt seventeen again for two minutes. Crossing over Yonge St. to Union Station, only to remember last summer's downtown trip with Kelly and Connie to Queen's Park with Mr. Kontos. I thought I felt my heart skipped a beat from the excitement of high school graduation, last year. Greyhound busses that passed me by, sadly reminded me the end of summer.

& I wonder what I'll think about walking downtown next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment