Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ottawa Bound

I'm back in Ottawa after what seemed like a drive that lasted forever. I thought maybe after the 20+ hour drive from the Halifax trip, this 5 hour ride would be peanuts. Boy, was I wrong. Partially due to the fact that we woke up at 10 am this morning after being home from an iftar in Scarborough last night at nearly 4 am. We stopped a couple of times throughout the drive, once for a nap as my dad was falling asleep on the wheel, from the lack of sleep last night.

So here I am. Back in little O-town, surrounded by four walls painted egg-shell white exactly a year ago. I still see patches of neon green sometimes in daylight. I haven't missed Ottawa much, partly due to the fact that I had a memorable summer. I have done a lot of stuff, from travelling to catching up. Between the politics and drama here and there, I think the most important aspect of this summer was that the people I loved were within my fingertips (literally, so to speak). But it's still nice to be back. Nice to know I have another place to hide.

Four months came and went. Everything in my room seems in tact just as I had left it. My junkfood stash is refilled. =D

Can't believe how fast time flies. So here's to second year!

No comments:

Post a Comment