You tell me that I could do better. But I know this is the best. This is a one-way street, but I'm looking back. Looking at how far things have gone, and what it took to take us here. It was never the days, nor months. A year could pass with nothing defining ever happened. I want to take steps back. Away from the time, and away from the superficial numerical value. And look deeper at this bigger picture. Yes, I'd like to analyze a little, this masterpiece of imperfection I find perfectly fitted for me.
You're right. Talk is cheap. You've told me many times, that action speak louder than words. But tonight, words are all I have. Because as cheap I may sound, you obviously know I find comfort in expression. It is through words, I come to realization. And only through realization that I appreciate what I have within my fingertips. These words, are promises.
You treat me as an equal.
Despite that you are older. Every rudeness, demands, negative criticisms; they are evidence of what comfort I have sought from you and I abused. In other words, I speak freely towards you without any formalities or holding back because you brought yourself down to my level as an equal. And I took advantage this.I was the one who have asked for your patience many times. When I have seen that you have more patience that I could ever muster up. I get irrational, and have walked away but you stand your ground. You have never discredited my naiveté, opinion and demands. When I asked for change, you willingly accept and work to be better. But you keep telling me "you don't have to change."
Because you love me as I am.
And I take advantage of that.
Because I know you'll always be there for me.
And I want to do the same.
I want to be there for you.
You've been more understanding towards me, than I have. And I love that I stumble to learn new things from you.
I want to be there for you.
You've been more understanding towards me, than I have. And I love that I stumble to learn new things from you.
Well, I hope you never change too....I think. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment