Reading "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein.
I finished 3 pages of it, until someting uncommon occured.
Diagonally across, a white male fainted.
Then he started going into a trance...of seizure and became uncontrollable.
The student paramedics came and tried to stop him from rolling off down the stairs.
Then firemen and police arrived.
There were 6 of them.
Who tried to restrain the boy, who laid on the ground. Moaning in pain.
There were 6 of them.
Who tried to restrain the boy, who laid on the ground. Moaning in pain.
I later figured, it was an epilepsy attack.
& felt a mixture of fear, pity and guilt.
Fear because I was afraid of violent attack. I could've been victimized
& felt a mixture of fear, pity and guilt.
Fear because I was afraid of violent attack. I could've been victimized
Pity, for the injustice, that he had to go through what he did.
And guilt. For feeling fear. Which may sound a little irrational.
I headed on the bus back to Sauga last night, with Nabil.
Nothing much to say, except it was a long bus ride. And I accomplished some reading.
Today was wonderful.
My boyfriend is super sweet. I love the gift. The lotion and lipbalm. :) I'm gonna smell pretty! Yay!
Nothing much to say, except it was a long bus ride. And I accomplished some reading.
Today was wonderful.
My boyfriend is super sweet. I love the gift. The lotion and lipbalm. :) I'm gonna smell pretty! Yay!
Met up with Mr. Kontos and had the opportunity to be in the office with the Social Science Department Teachers. It was quite fascinating to see teachers in their 'zone'. I heard Kontos dropped the 'f'-bomb and it was AWESOME. lol. Mr. Breen was my grade 10 History teacher and it was cool to reconnect with him.
Kontos and I had the chance to talk about commencement, just reflecting on the night. He mentioned how there was an overwhelming feeling of warmth and love by being within the presence of my family, that commencement night. His favorite moment, was after the ceremony. When my sister, Irah, came to hug me and say how proud she was of me...
l felt like I was glowing, when he said that.
That I was blinded but given sight....
I have taken many things, and relationships for granted
Just two hours ago, I was out with my parents and youngest sis. We were at Wal-Mart.
l felt like I was glowing, when he said that.
That I was blinded but given sight....
I have taken many things, and relationships for granted
Just two hours ago, I was out with my parents and youngest sis. We were at Wal-Mart.
I saw something that touched my heart.
It was the sight of my mom and dad, holding hands.
It was wonderful, seeing that. I felt secure. Safe. Love. Warmth....
Just the notion that my family is unbreakable. There is unconditional love existent.
I truly felt at home.
P.S. I suppressed my craving for durian! My parents bought tonnes for me.
<3
Just the notion that my family is unbreakable. There is unconditional love existent.
I truly felt at home.
P.S. I suppressed my craving for durian! My parents bought tonnes for me.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment