I'm slightly malicious for provocation, and that I do not deny.
But I have to say that I am not shallow, and I love playing with words. Because I don't want to end up stalemate.
A truth can have variable meanings.
A fact is a provable concept.
Are all facts the truths?
Morality is said to be used as a weapon in justifying a hypocrite because the truth can be subjective.
So you may call me a hypocrite for justifying a truth.
Perceptions of absolute, subjective, objective....they fascinate me.
Along with popularity.
It is status. It is a dignitary. It is an aspect that governs socializing.
Is popularity defined by an individual who knows a group of of people?
Or is it defined by a group who knows an individual?
Regardless, we all know someone we deem as popular. And we can possibly agree popularity is a subjective matter of possibly the 'majority'.
Now I am rather fond of Eleanor Roosevelt.
In her words
"We must know what we think and speak out, even at the risk of unpopularity."
Roosevelt seemed to be an ethical objectivist with such statement. Or what Emanuel Kant defined Categorical Imperative. This centers around the notion of duty. All actions should be perform in accordance to principle or a maxim. Hence despite the subjective (popularity), one must believe and act upon the principle of the truth (by what we 'think and speak out').
Popularity as the subjective becomes somewhat easily superficial. I suppose a martyr of morality is labelled by one who sacrifices his name for his beliefs and the truth. Like Socrates.
My point?
Who cares if you're popular. People will hate you because they are envious. Or hate you for doing something against their principle. The righteous ones are those who lived humbly, holding strong to their faith and principles. In other words, you can be happy just by being by yourself (and maybe a friend or two).
No comments:
Post a Comment