Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Self-conscious

Subconsciously, I turned on my laptop like I do every morning to check the news, mail and weather. I glanced out the window, disappointed to see the snow-covered road. Half awake, I felt a pair of eyes, staring back at me with such a seductive expression.
I should say, those pair of eyes stared through my soul. I felt disarmed.

Foolishly, I giggled in my head as I got up this morning because I love the way my new desktop wallpaper made me feel. I felt pretty even when I thought I looked silly. Especially when my hair stood up in all places, like haystacks. And my eyes droopy...and God knows how funny I smell in the mornings.

For a brief second, I became anxious of anybody catching me in my half-asleep, random act of vanity. But then, I thought to myself, it wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes, I am cranky in the mornings. I have been told, I have the potentiality to decapitate someone's head...

No comments:

Post a Comment