Sunday, January 10, 2010

Young & Naive....

I just picked up Plankton and started playing some songs off the top of my head. It's silly how certain music can give me the feeling I had the first time I played it. You know, the
"I-am-not-sure-if-this-is right-it-sounds-like-crap-but-I'll-improv-and-play-anyway"
feeling?
If you've never felt it, and I did...chances are, I still sounds like crap but I'm just saying it is a 'feeling' so I don't feel so bad about myself...hehe.
Anyhow,
I forgot how much I loved Howie Day and Lifehouse. I used to listen to them a lot sometime ago.
Especially "She Says" by Howie Day and "Blind" by Lifehouse, just because I was trying to get over someone. I am listening to it as I am typing thinking, what a ridiculous child I was.....

Today, I realize that when a guy likes Howie Day and he quotes a line fron song from "Collide", he is NOT Howie Day. He can never be. And it was silly of me to have miserably, longingly, wished (at that time) that the guy I dumped would feel how Howie feels when he sang "She Says".

Oh and the lyrics of Blind...oh boy. It made me tear up listening to it for two weeks, but I kept listening anyway. Pity party...for myself.

I still like the two songs though.
I just giggle in my head each time I think about how emotional I got.
But you know, I love the emotional attachment I get to certain songs. It brings me back to places and time, and for a moment, I get to relive it all again and feel what I felt at that particular time.

Sometimes, I find another lyrical perspective from the same song and it makes me wonder what songwriters were going through that made them write the songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment