Tuesday, January 5, 2010

thinking of overthinking thoughts

Rene Descartes thinks therefore he is. But when I think, I lose myself in a sea of complex thoughts. I have a problem. My self-diagnosis states that I have officially become a pessimist. Ironic, I'd say, considering I find myself smiling a lot. Well, I won't deny that my charming crocodile smile is in fact my best feature. (Boy, do I sound cocky)... Regardless, I think that I overthink, and my problem with thinking makes me feel worthless, undignified, insecure and ignorant.

So as of today, I acknowledge my problem.
You know...like how an alcoholic acknowledges he is an alcoholic.

And for every negative thought that surpasses through my conscious, I promise to think of an alternate positive thought. It's a start. And I will use my crocodile smile as a tool.....because someone told me once that even if I fake smile, it sends out positive chemicals/juices in my system.

I feel sorry for those people around me...they'll think I have split personality

No comments:

Post a Comment