When I am touched by a moment or an experience, I always take the time and opportunity to reflect and express it. I tell people how I feel about them, I thank people for inspiring me. Because they deserve to know the good I see in them. And they deserve to know how much I've learned from them.I know I try to not take advantage of moments....because I think my words have a clearer connection to what I feel in my heart, than anything. And I recognize and acknowledge the good I see, because everybody needs to be recognized to feel loved. But maybe gratitude lies deeper than my tongue is capable of twisting...
I know myself, too. I know I over-think And I know that I have moments of insecurity. I think it's somewhat human to feel this way. It's normal to feel unrecognized or unknown to the people you think you know the most. In this world, it's hard to separate ourselves from relationships. Simply saying what others do have no effect on me can only be possible if I live in a bubble. It's normal to feel overwhelmed and emotional sometimes too.
Self-pity is egoistic, but in moments where I have the lowest self-esteem, I think I need to be a little bit selfish to understand myself more. It is a way to re-align again. I need to learn to see what's inside of me independently. To find security in insecurity, when I realize we can't overly-depend on others' to make me secure. Other people have things to do and their own struggles too...
I guess I am just writing this to re-align myself today after being accused of being ungrateful. I come off a little sensitive and maybe I can't handle criticisms when I feel most vulnerable....that's another thing I have to work on, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment