Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bubble kindness perception

When I was little, I'd find excuses to lather soap in my hands. Creating a cylinder with my fingers for a thin transparent surface to form in between. Gently I'd blow through it and a bubble will grow at the other end. I'd carefully transfer the bubble to my other hand, just to observe for a moment. In contentment, what perfect spherical masterpiece. Imagining it to be a magical orb, sometimes.

But what often amazed me was a bubble`s susceptibility to merge when I`d blow another bubble on top of the first one.

I once thought then, that `bubble kindness` was so heroic, in spite of its own fragility.

For some reason today, it occurred to me that maybe the first bubble was just selfish. And its selfishness was the cause of its demise.

It`s funny how  we resemble my soap bubble in a way.
It`s even funnier how my perception has changed.
Well, maybe the latter is not that funny.

But who are we to question a bubble`s intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment