Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ASB Belize 2012/13

To feel my heart beating the same way I felt for Guatemala again. As cheesy as it sounds, I'd like to say it is passion. But at the same time, there is something slightly different about how I feel. Maybe it's because I am looking through a different lens.

Or maybe because I left part of my heart in Guatemala, and have no intention of reclaiming it back soon. Not yet. Guatemala will always be within me. I know I will return to El Novillero again one day. But not for a week, not in February. And not as Team Leader. Later in my life I know I will return. I made a promise. I will be back.

For the next five months, Belize will be in the back of my mind.
I haven't felt this happy in a while.
There's a fire in my vein and I felt it burn the moment I hit the send button and accepted the Team Leader position this afternoon.

This is what I've always wanted to do.
There world is big, there's so many things to do, so much more to learn  and so many more people with stories to share....

I've been smiling ear to ear all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment