Monday, November 22, 2010

Niche

A lady sat beside me on the bus last night. She had a ring on her left finger, that caught my attention the moment I sat down. Throughout the bus ride, she kept staring at the ring and out the window. We didn't speak a word to each other, not even when the bus broke down for an hour and a half. But here and there we exchanged smiles. There was something peculiar about that. An unspoken understanding I suppose. There I was with two speaker buds popped into my ears, singing Rob Thomas in my head trying to distract myself from counting down hours left on the road...

Silly things people do to comfort themselves.
And right now, I've got Rob Thomas singing to me, a cup of my favorite berry tea & a book by Danielle Steel. I know I should be studying but I haven't leisurely read in a while...plus my tea never fails to comfort me.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment