2 months until Guatemala.
My passport is finally renewed from twice being returned after filling up wrong forms. The consular at the counter asked if I wanted to keep the expired copy. My first Canadian passport. How could I resist? I vaguely remember the process we had to go through, to validate our citizenship and apply for a 'blue' passport. Singapore's passport was traditionally red.
Almost six years ago, I was seated with my parents and sisters at sketchy Central Parkway Mall. With what excitement we had at the thought of becoming Canadian citizens. Between giggling at our mugshots and endless wait time that felt like forever....
As I sat with O, waiting for my number to appear on the screen (it was A118), I couldn't help but wonder where my life will take me in another six years when my new passport expires. Perhaps it will have had more travel stamps than my first Canadian one, with only 3 countries (Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia). Maybe post-Guatemala will have opened more doors for more travelling trips and humanitarian adventures. God willing.
....Or maybe I will not only be renewing just my passport.....but er, some little one's? At age 27, lugging around diapers and stroller...oh gosh. But that sounds just about as scary as it could possibly (maybe 60%) be real. I'll think about that after I finish grad school.
But I couldn't resist putting my imagination to words, because someday when I am 35, I may possibly be laughing while reading this blog post at what ridiculous and immature thoughts I currently have....
No comments:
Post a Comment