Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reconcile

I saw myself in her eyes.
Despite our similar appearance, we were told we have opposite personalities. Teachers have spoken of myself as the social introvert, but it is vice versa with her.

There we sat at the food court of Square One, in a city we grew up in, discussing many things. Over a styrofoam boxed meal, and Brisk iced tea, for almost three hours. Between life, relationships, friendships, universities, fears...etc. It was the catching up session very much delayed and often overlooked. She dreams the same dreams I had, fears the same uncertainties I felt, and wonders the same thoughts that once swamped my head. I think what surprises me most was her new found interest in politics, and her determination to nurture an impartial perspective in the pursuit of being a journalist.

We used to be closer than we'd become. But I think, growing up and moving away has made me more of a third parent than a sister I ought to have become. We probably drifted from there. But I believe I have much reconciliation to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment