Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Resolution

I do not know what lies ahead for me, but I do anticipate struggles. Maybe there is no destination for me in this journey. Maybe I do not intend on arriving. But I have left the train station even if it leads me nowhere. For even if I find myself back at the starting point, I will have gone somewhere. I cannot arrive without leaving, but I think it is worth leaving without the intent of arriving.

This is to the year of spontaneity. To plans that flopped, and bigger things that came this way. Like Beethoven's Sonata in A major I first heard played at the Tabaret Hall, this was the year of unpredictability. Little did I know this would have been the year I moved, after ten years growing up in a city I once called home. And little did I realize what blessing it really is to be given a second chance to start somewhere else. This was the year I spent exactly half my life in Singapore and the other half in Canada. This was the summer I submitted hundreds of resumes, was refused by 30 law firms, only to find myself in a the best possible opportunity employed with an amazing work team at the Parole Board. This was the year I experienced the loss of a charismatic leader I thought I only get to read in textbooks. This was the year I felt loved and remembered. This was the year I was reminded that He always remembers.

Of highs and lows. Of yearning, instability, but one that was hopeful. And it was through hopefulness that I found my capabilities. It was through His assistance that I found my strength in patience. It was a year of transition. And between my activism, enlightenment and imagination, I think this was my year of romanticism.

Goals I have set for myself for the upcoming year
  • To continue being among the ones I love. 
  • To strengthen my faith
  • To love more
  • To seek more knowledge and practice intellectual humility
  • To depend less on the material of this world
  • To being positive and continue trying
 2012 will be the year I will be going to Guatemala, InshaAllah. To beautiful experiences, to learning and wonderful companies! 

 To more sunsets....

Have a wonderful year, month, week, day, hour, minute and second!

With love,
Shaf =]

1 comment: