Blaze the buoy, and planks of wood,
Into a fire that sparkles like a million fireflies
& there I sat, staring, soul setting aflame
Smoke and ashes leaving with a sigh-
And away to the infinite stars that fill the sky
Yester-years blown away
By bloomed and burnt out summer breeze
Sweet crickets serenading-
They sing away my melancholy
For when the trees whispered, I heard your name
While they gathered, and laughed all around me,
Smiling pretentiously, dancing the night in circles and happy
Their eyes were glazed, seeking the same sympathy
& there sat I, staring, soul setting aflame
My mind cleared from the ashes and smoke with a sigh-
And away to the infinite stars that fill this night sky
& in some distant place, underneath this same distant sky,
Where the infinite stars light up the darkness
Yearning for you suddenly left me to smile,
The nightingale will fly with the ashes, burnt, benign-
So I let the flame enlighten my mind
& ease my chest tonight
(poem #100)
No comments:
Post a Comment