And I found home in a country so far from home.
& I realized that home is in many people, and many places I've sown my heart into.
This was the year I gave my heart completely to love.
To the people in Guatemala, to my activism, to resistance for Gaza, to poetry, to those around me...
This was the year I understood love.
Love has many names, and many meaning. It has many faces...it is a part of remembrance and it exists in the present. The year I experienced love, felt it on my fingertips and breathed it as I felt my heart broken by reverse-culture shock.
& this was the year I realized his heart is my sanctuary, for he has always been beside me.
Love has many names, and many meaning. It has many faces...it is a part of remembrance and it exists in the present. The year I experienced love, felt it on my fingertips and breathed it as I felt my heart broken by reverse-culture shock.
& this was the year I realized his heart is my sanctuary, for he has always been beside me.
I have but 5 hopes for 2013
- that I continue to seek His guidance
- that I continue being among the ones I love
- that it be a year I pursue my passion
- that continue to seek knowledge and engage in meaningful reflection
- that I overcome my struggles with faith, humility and acceptance
No comments:
Post a Comment