Saturday, December 8, 2012

Legally disoriented

I know what is within me, and I know I am where I'm supposed to be.
I have accepted it,
Even if I keep telling myself otherwise, and tear up a little sometimes,
& maybe I am writing this as a justification to rid my denial.

Things change. Paths curve itself and maybe bend to break.
Life throws a curve ball...

Realizing that law isn't for me, doesn't upset me-
A little maybe.
I know I've disappointed some people around me.
Well, maybe I will miss the bragging rights that come with the sophistication of such career. But I do not see myself satisfied with materialism in the long run.

I have always been human rights oriented. While law centers itself on rights, it seems competing interests prevails in that field. I seek for something less self-interested, in a manner that leads me to understand my own humanity. I know, that having a legal career will not satisfy my capabilities to its truest form....and right now, I do not know what career fits me.

I am graduating a semester away, but I don't know where I'm headed. Terrified out of my own skin by this realization which comes a little late...

But He is the best of planner,
there's a time and place for everything
& this is one that is meant to push me towards what my purpose is.

No comments:

Post a Comment