Saturday, September 29, 2012

String Quartets

I love listening to string quartet covers.
They throw me off-guard with conflicting familiarity and strangeness of pieces. And stir obscure tempests of emotions within me into swirls..... My focus sharpens, and my mind opens at the proclamation of every fluctuating, ripple, trembling and fluttering revelation. Each rhythm so vital, like a pulse. My soul feels tangible. As if I could feel the tightening skin of my feelings with the thread of my thumb. And it is as if I could erase my mind, from excess incoherence, and rearrange it again more judiciously.

And at times, my chest feels it could burst open from the melody.
Leaving me breathless, with my insides whimpering-
Captivated and captured by a thousand nostalgia, evoking passion and indescribable pursuits.

For a reality, recreated. From a temporary elevation in a realm so clandestine, and be alone for a moment. Tangled in a relationship so secretly with the music, but without feeling lonely. Then realizing, the elegance and grace a simple sheet music can dynamically release.

No comments:

Post a Comment