Saturday, September 1, 2012

Coffee breaks

For everything we share, we reveal a piece or part of ourselves. We expose our soul. Or a fragment of it. We risk being judged or misinterpreted.

From what we share, we teach. A lesson is folded in between. We learn from conversations with others. We uncover an anticipated experience. We taste the train of thoughts that may encircle the mind of the one who sits across from us, sipping espresso in a porcelain cup. & we may realize after, that we're not so different after all. Or we may realize otherwise, that we are different and there is something lacking.

Between the creases of wrinkles from knitted brows. To curved lips that politely form into a smile, and giggles that fill empty spaces in between. At times, how natural awkwardness seems, it becomes comforting. Other times, how comfortable of a routine it has become, it seems unnatural and realization makes it awkward.

It has been a summer of conversations for me.
I have met some of the most talented and passionate people this summer. 
From activists, to poets, musicians, even friends and my own family members.

In conversations, I learn. From learning, I grow.
 In each relationships, I find something I value-
To realize after, it can evolve into love.

And am truly blessed to have encountered so many incredible people, 
Let alone be in their company.
& I will try remember this every time I sip my cup of coffee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment