Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Letters arranged

Where the rooftops fall, but daisies continue to blossom
Grey surrounds, but I am no longer colour blind
I sat on the corner
Of my purple-covered mattress to find-
It took stillness & silence to hear a buzzing hum
It takes a lot of searches and sighs
To realize my feet touching ground

My postcards lay-
I'd neglected to mail
Where my phone sits on my lap,
Numbers remain
Of phone calls I'd for years refused to make

How names have changed
To be just letters arranged
How essences disappear-
To be mere frozen moments
Pretentiously captured and confined,
To leave us sane
& reassure us it once happened,
Not merely an illusion created to fool our minds

What use is meaning without a sound?
What use is a word, if nothing is meant?

It's not numbness that fills
For if I am aware of numbness,
Then it can be felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment