Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Romanticism

Above is Casper David Friedrich's Wanderer Above The Sea Of Fog
The Romantic period was an era of 'imagination and intuition'. Of yearning and of uncertainty.
We're all inner romanticists aren't we?
The painting is just really cool, that is all.
Comparable to the image on the top right hand corner, perhaps.

4 comments:

  1. YE.
    BUT YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT THE ROMANTIC PERIOD WAS FUELED BY DISGUST AT WHAT MANY CONCERN THE CORE BELIEF OF THE ENLIGHTENMENT, RATIONALISM.
    IT IS THE PRESENCE OF AN IDEA, SUCH AS THE RATIONALIST MOVEMENT, THAT CREATES OPPOSITION.
    IT WAS ''YEARNING'' FOR WONDER, ABSENT OF RATIONALISM.
    WE'RE NOT ALL INNER ROMANTICISTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're not. I know I am. Or I wouldn't be blogging. Sorry to step on your toe there, Vicasso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me likes it too.

    i think i saw this painting on the cover of Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra. the overman.

    and hi :)

    ReplyDelete