
I haven't written anything in a while, I blame my busy schedule.
In this state of fatigue I have decided it best be that I clear my thoughts by reflecting on my super crazy week.
My drama performance was on Thursday afternoon.
Sentimentally, that was my final drama performance in high school.
Prior to being onstage, I had flashbacks of the first time I performed in grade 9. Four years have flown so fast. I have spent many months and hours working on that stage. This sounds corny, but it felt like home. A sense of belonging when I was onstage.
My best friend/director took me to a corner minutes before show time and spoke to me words I will forever remember.
"Shaf, you are Agnes. Even when you're offstage, even when it's over, you are always going to be an actress in this play called 'My Life'."
So with my face caked with make-up, hair curled and showered in hairspray...the curtains drew open and I gave the final high school drama performance of my life.
After the show, I was touched to have seen my middle school teacher and university friends in the audience. But the day was not over for me....
I had Carassauga (an international cultural festival) dress rehearsal on the same day. After a couple run-through with the dikir barat & tarian, I became cranky. Well, partly also because I was piled with homework due the next day.
So I slept really late, finishing off my Law Independent Study Unit Presentation on Adolf Eichmann (who totally killed my mood for being such a psycho Nazi), preparing my Philosophy seminar on communism, and scripting my presentation for Psychology. Friday was hell. After school was the first day for Carassauga, with the Dikir Barat performance.
Saturday and Sunday, Carassauga continued. Sunday night, I was piled again with homework. I was fortunate to receive an extension for an essay, but I had 2 others two write and a Psychology unit test to study for.
Between the play, Carassauga, and school. I have been sleeping at 3:30-ish every night. Well here's what I have to say:
After the show, I was touched to have seen my middle school teacher and university friends in the audience. But the day was not over for me....
I had Carassauga (an international cultural festival) dress rehearsal on the same day. After a couple run-through with the dikir barat & tarian, I became cranky. Well, partly also because I was piled with homework due the next day.
So I slept really late, finishing off my Law Independent Study Unit Presentation on Adolf Eichmann (who totally killed my mood for being such a psycho Nazi), preparing my Philosophy seminar on communism, and scripting my presentation for Psychology. Friday was hell. After school was the first day for Carassauga, with the Dikir Barat performance.
Saturday and Sunday, Carassauga continued. Sunday night, I was piled again with homework. I was fortunate to receive an extension for an essay, but I had 2 others two write and a Psychology unit test to study for.
Between the play, Carassauga, and school. I have been sleeping at 3:30-ish every night. Well here's what I have to say:
I SURVIVED THROUGH HELL!!
(WOOOOOOOOT!)
No comments:
Post a Comment