Saturday, September 24, 2016

The story of my laugh-lines

Gravity sinks hearts. And here we are, across tables, unable to speak of what we think about. Sights and sighs, I can feel you hold your breath as I inhale to express words we both saw coming. They came in a direction, like a train going at full speed - but we are on the tracks. And we stood hand in hand. This is a separation of degrees colder than the solstice of winter. But sighed you did, and exhaled as the coldness surrounded us. As we both begin in isolation. Isolated but not strangers.

I am convinced we can never be strangers. I have learned over, and over again. Tenfolds over. That the lines have been drawn on my skin, under my eyes like convincing wrinkles - we can never be strangers. And maybe the same line on my right cheek exposed when I smile, reveal my every attempt to find humour in it all. I have learned to find wit in the wrong of all spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment