Everybody claim they are wanderlusts.
I don't believe in traveling for nothing,
If I am out somewhere...it would be to find a better understanding,
Of not just myself, but what makes earth home for us.
If you ask me right now,
I'm starting to feel restless and frustrated watching the conflict from a screen. I have been following the lives of the people in Gaza so closely, that reassuring them with tweets and words "we are with you" seem insufficient. I genuinely want to do more...
To physically transport myself out of what sheltered life I lead. Away from this guilt I am feeling in my heart.Guilty for bearing witness to a suffering and offering so little. And find my way to protect, serve, understand and simply be among those who deserve the happiness, freedom and security of this world.
Wanderlust-
It means differently to me. Especially these past four days.
But I know the ugliness in this world is only a testament that beauty exists.
Don't let darkness leave us bitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment