You and I will walk away
Knowing that our love survived
Another test of faith
You and I can walk on water
The river rises, we rise above
It may not look that way right now
But trust me, baby this is love
-Amanda Marshall
I feel 11 again listening to her songs. I remember sitting in the car with my dad, waiting for my mom to buy meat from the butcher at Town and Country Market on Dundas in Mississauga, right beside Popeye's. It was winter, but instead of snowing it was raining. And this song played on the radio....Our family was so young, and so new to the country.
Ten years later today, I realize what 'test of faith' and 'love' is, from the lyrics above. There is probably a reason why this song still resounds in my head.
Family love is unconditional, that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment