Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sunset

Maybe it's the rational egoist in me stirring, but I made a detour on my way home from campus today. A little Shaf-time couldn't hurt. Lugging my textbooks and Tomato in my broken-zipper TNA bag, I decided to take a stroll by the canal. I witnessed my first sunset in 2011, and I was all alone, seated by the white stones separating the road from the canal. I watched the sun drown every thoughts I had in my head at that moment. All until the sky burned purple and blue.

Pure stress-relieving.
What more, it was surreal.
Sunsets have that effect on me.
I have witnessed many last year, so I guess I am dramatically making my first sunset of the year super-grand, even though it was just an ordinary sunset.
Yeah, I'm a nutcase for having a slight sunset obsession. Chances are....I may randomly start producing a sunset poem soon.

2 comments:

  1. You should! Your poems, all of them seem calm & reflective :) They seem to roll out in a sort of vastness, or sometimes the simplicity (of sorts) is just sweet & lovely. Most of all, always, always refined. I wonder at your wonders.

    If you don't mind me asking, how long do you take to write one down? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I will in a bit. :)
    It doesn't take long to write, I usually only open up blogger when I have a bundle of words in my head waiting to be typed. I think too much, and often I over think, that I find salvation and relief from words.

    It's nice to have my own imagination and world to go to.

    ReplyDelete